1) Clean the seat by air blowing or with a brush before installing the insert.
2) Tighten the clamp screw using the accessory wrench while pressing the insert against the seat.
3) Tighten the clamp screw as shown in Figure 1.
4) Coat the clamp screw with anti-seize compound and tighten it to the specified tightening torque.
The tightening torque is shown below.
5) The clamp screw is an important part in ensuring safety.
Purchase an official product from Mitsubishi Materials. When using over the revolution shown in Table 2, replacing the clamp screw simultaneously with insert replacement is recommended.
6) Check that there is no clearance at the insert seat surface.
1) Clean carefully the inside and face of the hole and the arbor face before installing the body to the arbor.
2) Set the body at the arbor and tighten it with the accessory. Refer to the table shown below for the tightening torque.
3) The set bolt supplied with the AXD is a special coolant through compatible nozzle. Be careful not to lose it.
• Even when operating under the maximum allowable spindle speed, if the spindle speed is equal to or higher than the values shown in table 2, it is recommended that the balance quality (with the arbor or milling chuck) conforms to G6.3 or betterbased on ISO1940. It is also recommended to replace the clamp screws with new ones when changing inserts.
Furthermore,ensure to use machines that are provided with safety measures in case of cutter breakage.
(Note) The balance quality of the holder (without inserts and clamp screws) is G6.3 or better at 10,000min-1.
• When setting the spindle speed, take into consideration the maximum allowable spindle speed of the arbor or milling chuck.
• Use the specified set bolt when using the arbor type with through coolant.
• The inserts have sharp cutting edges and handling them with bare hands may cause injuries.
Always wear safety gloves whenhandling the indexable inserts.